Saturday 29 July 2017

Ready to go!

Spent Saturday preparing the bike, then set off in the late afternoon.  Was always the plan to have a relaxed start and split the journey down the Channel Tunnel over two days, to give me one final time to check everything was present and correct while still in spitting distance of home.

Good job too - because I discovered I had a puncture.  Rear wheel had slipped on the rim and compromised the valve.  Fortunately I had time on my hand, and probably needed the practice changing a tyre anyway (only actually done it once before).  I also had some new rimlocks which I was going to carry with me, but couldn't justify the faff of fitting beforehand - now I had the chance to install the rear at least.  It was hard work - these Metzeler Six Days really don't like to bend much, and fitting the UHD tube was a faff.  All done though and ready to go!




No comments:

Post a Comment