Saturday 29 July 2017

What I'm bringing with me

Packed.  And then re-packed, just to make sure, and also to take some photos.

Luggage: two Kriega Overland 15s, a Kriega US5, and an Ortlieb 40l Duffle

Pannier 1: Tools, Kitchen & Emergency Rations.

Pannier 2: Clothes, Electronics & Important Documents.  Plus my puncture repair kit.

Ortlieb: Bedding, including the tent and sleeping gear
Detailed breakdown:

Pannier 1:

  • Tool Kit
  • Tyre Inflator
  • Rescue Kit (pulleys, dyneema cord, slings)
  • Disc Lock
  • Jetboil
  • Alpkit Ti Mg
  • Coffee
  • Coffee Grinder
  • Aeropress
  • Spork
  • Alpkit Ti Chopsticks!
  • Folding washing bowl
  • 3x just add water meals
Panner 2:
  • Baseball cap
  • Gilet
  • Sweater
  • 3x t-shirts
  • 3x underwear
  • Zip off shorts/trousers
  • Trouser liners x2
  • Kindle
  • Chrome Book
  • Chargers and cables
  • Buff
  • Paramo Towel
  • Sunglasses
Puncture Repair Kit
  • 3x tyre irons
  • Spare front tube
  • Pump
  • CO2
  • Patches
Ortlieb:
  • Helinox Bed & Chair
  • Snugpak Sleeping Bag
  • Alpkit Triki Tent
  • Nemo Fillo Pillo
  • Flipflops
  • Washkit
  • Sundries (tissue paper, laundry detergent, sunscreen)

2 comments:

  1. How did you find the Ortlieb duffle? I have a Givi 40l bag which is fine, but perhaps a bit lightweight, and I think I'd prefer the zipper opening of the duffle.

    On my XT660R for TET-type trips, my set-up will be very similar to yours - a 40l drybag with the tent & sleeping gear, and two Kriega US20 bags as panniers (mounted on the Touratech pannier rack that was on the bike when I got it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark - I had no idea anybody was still reading this site! Your message was a welcome email surprise. I really liked the duffel with the zip. It's still going strong now. The zip can be a little stuff but I think that's universal of this type of "dry suit" fully waterproof zip. The bag material itself is sufficiently robust to survive all.of the abuse I gave it (including - ahem - "gravel testing") and the other straps and fittings have all held up too.

    ReplyDelete