Wednesday 9 August 2017

Day 10 - Pertuis to Verdon, 188km

Day 10 - Pertuis to Verdon, 188km
Bike facing left for a change.
Had planned to reach Italy, but then got catastrophically stuck on some loose shale on single track. I'd already decided to spin around because it wasn't quickly changing back to legal trail, despite being marked the TET route. Pulleys and dyneema cord out but I was making slow progress, and every time I tried to gun it out I sank lower and lower down a ravine.



Hard work solo.  Fortunately, these two turned up after a few hours!
After hiking out to refill water in a stream - I'd reckoned on a long haul by now, and gradually trying to cheat the bike up the slope inch by inch - two friendly teenagers on trials bikes came by to liberate me. Three hours had passed and it was already dusk, so set up camp more or less there and then. Adventure!



That way
Another great day of riding. Some fast swooping trails into the mountains, and some slower rocky ones with steep switch-backs too.
I cannot believe that got there any way but by helicopter. Right at the summit of a long, rocky, twisty 5' wide pass!
NB: Functionality disabled to prevent extracting KML. If you want to follow the route, get the latest data from TransEuroTrail.org
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Transeurotrail.org/permalink/848332008655278/

No comments:

Post a Comment