Tuesday 22 August 2017

Day 25: Sarajevo to Mostar, 185 km

Day 25 - Sarajevo to Mostar, 185km

Despite DHL's and Bosnian Customs' best efforts to prevent it happening, I managed to leave Sarajevo (late). And what a route! Not in TET but it should be. Followed a recommendation from Ivana Turković to visit Lukomir, then joined a trail route Roman pulled together for me. 

The approach to Lukomir. I loved this.
Lukomir. Iron thatching.
Getting up here was a bit of an adventure itself.
But oh so worth it.
Route to Lukomir was almost more of a highlight than the village itself. Beautiful rolling moor after climbing through the ski resorts around the capital. Village itself is apparently dubbed the most remote in Bosnia, but I couldn't quite square that with it being just 45 minutes from Sarajevo. Picturesque nevertheless.

Felt bit prurient riding up to take photos and then leave, but didn't have time to stop for tea or something to contribute to the local economy. 

Trail from there was just stunning. I'll let the photos speak for themselves. 
Nothing taxing or technical. Just soaking up the views.
Remote
Stunning
More mines
Boulder fields
Incredible route from Sarajevo to Mostar.

In Mostar now. Lovely, if tourist-crammed, old town. Blagged a special offer to get me into a smart hotel. 
Sun setting as I approached Mostar
Traffic
Mostar from above
Most
NB There was no day 23 or 24. Just spent abusing the washing machine and hospitality of friends. And waiting for DHL 😠

Grr. Usurious charge for the privilege of waiting for my Adventure Spec order to clear customs for 1.5 days. Wasn't even essential (spare tubes, that tyre lever I lost, stem-fishing line). But I figured I'd feel pretty stupid with a double flat in the Montenegrin highlands if I left the parcel behind.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Transeurotrail.org/permalink/855163001305512/



This track isn't part of the official TET route, but the credit for most of it goes to Roman Bale.  If you would like to follow the route, I've uploaded a tidied up version here: https://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=igoscnaalwqvaciv

No comments:

Post a Comment