Monday 7 August 2017

Laptop Back from the Dead

I'm alive!  What a palaver.  Had a TPM error with the Chromebook NVRAM.  Turns out the solution really is turning it off and on again (hard reset) 30 times.  Tried downloading the backup software for USB first over creaking internet took hours, though, and turned out not to be necessary.  Hmm.

I'll try to bring this blog back up to speed, essentially copying over the Facebook posts I've been making so far, with higher resolution photos, "boring" additional details only possibly of interest to keen followers (like what bike mods I've made), and if I can make it work, slippy maps of the route taken each day.

Although I have the GPX files I don't think John would take kindly to me sharing them, not least because the route will change frequently between now and whenever you choose to ride it.  I will however - when I get proper chance - submit recommendations and updates to the Linesmen so the official route should accommodate any tweaks I make that are worth replicating.

No comments:

Post a Comment