Sunday 13 August 2017

Day 16: Pisogne to Forno di Zoldo, 418km

Day 16: Pisogne to Forno di Zoldo, 418km.
Tomorrow night Roman has promised me a beer in his garden. But I have to get to Slovenia first. So a long day today, but I'm in the Dolomites!
Dolomites at sunset.  Chilly.
After some dual carriageway (!), up and over Malga Travagnolo was brilliant fun, from the appallingly tarmaced steep climb up, to the pavoired trail at the top (though another restriction sign). Then the gravel tourist routes over to Lake Idro too, with all the GSes and mopeds. Stunning views.
Another closed sign, but I pressed on. Top of Malga Travagnolo.  The road up here - tarmaced, but absurdly steep and badly worn - was almost more fun than the trail at the top.
Some of which was pavoired! Let nobody accuse me of only photographing the difficult bits.
Spectacular
Looking towards Lake Idro. Military radar on the right.
Then I opted to cut more loops to make time, and rejoined around Col Perer where I'm proud to have found a great, legal, addition to the route, with a "fun" palate cleanser part way along!
Couple more trails then lots more highway to reach the Dolomites, with every biker in Northern Italy.

The view from my table at lunch in Riva del Garda
"Hold this, mate!"
NB: Functionality disabled to prevent extracting KML. If you want to follow the route, get the latest data from TransEuroTrail.org

No comments:

Post a Comment