Wednesday 9 August 2017

Day 12: Ventimiglia, 7km

Day 12: Ventimiglia, 7km

Only miles today were done to and from the bike shop, although they did a fair few then themselves chasing down tyres and tubes in town.  All fixed now.  Claudio Moto in Ventimiglia come highly recommended!  Obligatory selfie with Davide and his father, who own and run the shop.

Me, Davide and Claudio
Stomach a bit upset anyway, so a full day off probably did me good, and meant I could catch up on the back-log with this blog!

As you will see, I've now added back in all the days missed so far, with a little more detail and higher resolution photos than were posted on Facebook.  There's also an overview map of the route that day.

In the spirit of TET, where my route follows it, I have disabled downloading (and unfortunately therefore zooming and panning around) so that nobody can extract the KML data.  If you want to follow the route yourself, please do get the latest data from transeurotrail.org, because it is updated frequently.  It should incorporate any sensible changes I've proposed anyway.  If you did follow my line, not only would it risk being out of date, but you'd replicate all my dashes for petrol, shortcuts when bored, overshoots and mistakes!  If anyone knows a better way to do this - create secure slippy maps in blogger rather than wordpress - do drop me a line!


Ventimiglia

Other than that, I went for a short walk along the beach and generally felt a bit sorry for myself today.  Glad to be back up and running though, and it felt great to get the bike back and ride back into camp!

Back on the road...
Also, I didn't have the time or energy yesterday, but new country = new sticker!


3 comments:

  1. This is a cool trip! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome trip, nice bike and great blog - keep up the great work 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible trip! I envy you and that really pushes me to get on the dirt track!!! Regards!

    ReplyDelete